How NOT to Pose for Your Shots
May 22, 2017
The question I get all the time is… so how do I pose? Personally, I prefer that you’d act instead of pose. Move around and try new things. Have fun! Let your actions come from who you are, not what someone else wants you to be. I know that not every movement is going to look perfect, but that’s okay! More action means more opportunity to find the image that we’re both looking for.
That’s not to say that there aren’t some poses to avoid. When it comes to posing try to avoid doing these things:
- Raise your shoulders
- Turn your face too far to either side
- Lean forward too far, as you’ll lose the length of your neck
- Tilt your head up too high or down too low. Neither is attractive
- Put both hands at your hips at the same height, which can seem cheesy
- Cross your arms, which can be feel cold and emotionally cutoff
With a few little tweaks and letting your personality shine through you’ll find your shots showcase who you are.
And remember… always stay away from Blue Steel and Magnum.